Schedule for Barker High School Playoffs Saturday March 2, 2024
In Barker High School, the players are in charge. Players build their own teams, name their teams, create their own jerseys, and manage their own playing time during games. While adult referees will be at the game, adult coaches will no longer be there. However, one adult per team must be present while a team plays.
This League is comprised of 16 teams with players in Grades 9 through 12. Players live in Hingham but are welcome to register whether they attend HHS or not.
Official team rosters must have a minimum of 8 PAID players in order to play and a maximum of 12 players. Not more than 50% of any roster can be made up of players on a Varsity High School team. This rule does not apply to Freshmen or JV teams/players.
Each team also must have a designated Adult Contact who is at least 21 years old. This Contact is responsible for cascading communications; player conduct; and ensuring attendance by an adult at each game.
Where & When
All games will be played Saturday nights at South Shore Sports Center (55 Recreation Park Drive, Hingham MA). The season starts in early December with playoffs running into March 2024.
Teams are responsible for supplying their own jerseys. Some teams design their own but teams can also wear youth Barker jerseys or other jerseys as long they have numbers, are reversible and are the same color.
Local custom jersey vendors include Beacon Sports, Rockland Athletics and College Hype.
Game Play Rules
- Not more than 50% of any roster can be made up of players on a Varsity High School team. This rule does not apply to Freshmen or JV teams/players.
- Playing time rules – no more than two (2) Varsity players on the court at the same time.
- All players must be written into the official game book prior to the start of each game. A technical foul will be assessed to any individual that enters a game that has not been listed in the official book prior to the start of the game.
- Games will consist of two, 20 minute running time halves, with stop time for the final 2 minutes of each half. NOTE: this may be amended during the course of the season or for the playoffs.
- Each team will receive three time-outs per game divided between two full time outs and one 30-second time-out.
- In the last 10 seconds of the game, teams will have the option of taking the ball at half court after a time out.
- Teams will shoot 1 and 1 on the 7th team foul in each half and shoot 2 shots on the 10th team foul of each half, provided team fouls are being kept. If team fouls are not kept, any foul in the last two minutes of the half and game will result in a 1 and 1 foul shooting opportunity and two foul shots on the forth team foul in the last two minutes of the half and game.
- One 2 minute stop-time Over Time Period is allotted. If the game is still tied after 2 minutes, the game will be deemed a tie. There will be 1 time out per team during the Over Time Period.
- All players need to be on an official roster in order to be eligible to play in the playoffs.
- All players must play in a minimum of 4 games in order to be eligible for the playoffs unless granted an exception for injury or other circumstances by the league commissioner.
Barker High School - 2023/24
This registration is for high school players in Hingham who want to play in the Barker High School League. Games are played Saturday nights at South Shore Sports Center.